The volume contains Comte’s first six lessons on sociology edited and freshly annotated by Michel Bourdeau, Laurent Clauzade, and Frédéric Dupin.
- Political arguments showing the necessity and timeliness of the science of society
- Survey of the main philosophical attempts already made in order to create a social science
- The most important features of the positive method in the rational study of social phenomena
- Necessary relations between social physics and the other parts of positive philosophy.
- Preliminary considerations about social static : the general theory of the spontaneous order of human societies
- fundamental laws of social dynamics : the general theory of the natural progress of mankind
Éditions Hermann, Paris, 2012, 480 pages, 17 x 24 cm, 48 €, publishers page for detailed information.